Re: [Epic] Epic 40k to Star Wars crossover...

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:10:48 PST

>> As a Star Wars Game Master, I don't like this kind of stormtrooper.
>> used to calm my players with some good stormtrooper squads. ;o)
>
><grin> Yeah, but it's funny! One day I'll tell you about the game of
>Star Wars miniatures battles where my squad of 5 Jawas disabled and
>hijacked an AT-ST.

Well, I WANT you to confess where the rebel base is... Heu, I mean,
hum... What is this "game of Star Wars miniatures battles"?

>We can figure out the crit charts if these stats are ok. I based the
>stats on the information in the West End Games' Star Wars 2nd Edition
>RPG rulebook.
>
>AT-AT (War Engine):
>
>Move: 15cm
>Damage Capacity: 10
>Armor: 6+
>Abilities: Transport (8)
>
>Weapons: (All are Front Fire Arc)
>Linked Heavy Laser Cannons: 60cm, 2x Death Ray
>Linked Medium Blasters: 30cm, 6FP

YES, I like it. I've always loved these War Engines and the Empire
Strikes Back is the best SW movie because of the Hoth assault by the
imperial AT-AT.

>AT-ST (War Engine):
>
>Move: 20cm
>Damage Capacity: 2
>Armor: 6+
>
>Weapons: (All are Front Fire Arc)
>Twin Blaster Cannon: 45cm, AT Shot
>Light Blaster Cannon: 30cm, 2FP
>Concussion Grenade Launcher: 15cm, 3FP (or Barrage?)
>
>The AT-ST could almost be dreadnought-class (i.e. not war engine). I
>opted for a compromise as I feel it is probably a war engine but a
>very
>small one.

En effet, I would have seen AT-ST as dreadnought class units, something
like this :
Mvt : 20cm
CAF : 4 or 5
Armor : 6+
Weapons : 1 AT shot

Value : 40 or 50 points?

>Any ideas on what the points cost should be? I lost the formula...

If I remember well, the formula can be find in "The Eye of Terror" web
site.

For infantry, you already gave the stats for the stormtroopers but don't
forget that the main force of the Empire comes from standard imperial
soldiers (same stats as the Imperial Guards)... Well, we've got an elite
force supported by a very big cannon fodder army, now I know where GW
found its ideas for the W40k Imperium forces. ;o)

Do you think that the micro-machine figs could represent imperial units
such as AT-AT?

I've got the Imperial Guide of West End Games, I will search new ideas
of unit if the mailing list members are interested.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 02/05/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/