[Epic] Epic 40k to Star Wars crossover...

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:17:19 -0500

Francois,

> If I remember well the WD article about StormTroopers, it is said that
> they are elite soldiers of the Imperial Guard : the best of the best
> coming from imperial orphanages... I think that the stubborn
> is the best way to differentiate them from the standard imperial

Based on your comments and Dirk's you are both right! I'm glad my
initial attempts at representing these guys led to a more accurate
representation. It certainly makes sense and gives Imperial commanders
a flavorful and useful detachment.

> As a Star Wars Game Master, I don't like this kind of stormtrooper.
> used to calm my players with some good stormtrooper squads. ;o)

<grin> Yeah, but it's funny! One day I'll tell you about the game of
Star Wars miniatures battles where my squad of 5 Jawas disabled and
hijacked an AT-ST.

> This could be very interesting.
> Imagine : AT-AT vs Titans, Stormtroopers against Space Marines, Dark
> Jedis against Psykers, Vador against Ragnar Blackmane...
> We don't need George Lucas to have our new SW trilogy! ;o)

Heck yeah! Just because that got me psyched...

We can figure out the crit charts if these stats are ok. I based the
stats on the information in the West End Games' Star Wars 2nd Edition
RPG rulebook.

AT-AT (War Engine):

Move: 15cm
Damage Capacity: 10
Armor: 6+
Abilities: Transport (8)

Weapons: (All are Front Fire Arc)
Linked Heavy Laser Cannons: 60cm, 2x Death Ray
Linked Medium Blasters: 30cm, 6FP

AT-ST (War Engine):

Move: 20cm
Damage Capacity: 2
Armor: 6+

Weapons: (All are Front Fire Arc)
Twin Blaster Cannon: 45cm, AT Shot
Light Blaster Cannon: 30cm, 2FP
Concussion Grenade Launcher: 15cm, 3FP (or Barrage?)

The AT-ST could almost be dreadnought-class (i.e. not war engine). I
opted for a compromise as I feel it is probably a war engine but a very
small one.

Any ideas on what the points cost should be? I lost the formula...

Regards,

- Erik