Re: New releases WAS Re: [Epic] Support Weapons Convesions..

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:50:52 -0500

COOK MATTHEW JOHN wrote:

> > Or releasing a 40K codex with an Epic 40K appendix. That has already
> > been mentioned, by GW I think.
>
> WHERE?

        Jervis mentioned the possibility on the 40k list a long
time ago. It seemed to be that he was simply throwing out ideas,
so I wouldn't take this as the "holy truth" and start another "GW
sux" thread, or spread it around as anything but pure rumor.

> I would be VERY annoyed if they did this forcing the 2 games
> togethor.
> I would like to get into 40k if I had the time and money to do so but
> probably never will.
> I suppose if it had all the different armies in then it wouldn't be
> to bad but having to buy a codex that would probably be over #10 just
> to look at the few pages in the back several times would not be my
> idea of fun!

        OTOH, a few pages is fairly easy to photocopy/scan...

        Personally, I don't see why they just couldn't stick the
army list in WD... But then again, when was the last time you saw
substantial new rules in WD?

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The day will not save them. And we own the the night." - Warmaster
Horus