Re: [Epic] Titan weapon slots

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:40:22 -0500

On 17 Feb 97 at 11:33, nethol wrote:

> > From: Keith Zanardi <xenofobe_at_...>
> > At 12:03 AM 2/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
> > >Taylor_at_...
> the
> disadvantage,
> that
> > >Okay, you're right. The only problem is that they can only fire in the
> > >rear 180. And with 15 cm, 2 dice, 5+, no save mod, *now* I certainly
> > >hope that they *are* free.
> > >-BC
> > > Who says that they HAVE to fire in the rear 180? They are point
> defence
> > weapons, and they should fire 360. We have always played them that way.
> It is >just that GW made the things to fit in the banner pole slots, that's
> why it is >assumed that they fire rearward. Kind of like the Squat
> Colossus' battlecannon >firing in a 360 arc.
> > Keith
>
> They do fire in the rear 180 degrees. It is stated in the SM Battles Book.
>
> S. Birol Akmeric
>
> nethol_at_...

Where does it say this? I looked in the Titan Weapon section. All it
said is that they are mounted on the banner poles, not that they have
rear 180 degree arc of fire. IMHO, 360 is more reasonable. This would
allow Titans to have a degree of point defense (like the Imperator's
ungodly number of bolter emplacements), which would toughen them up
against CC somewhat, which is a good thing, IMHO.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf