Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Keith Zanardi <xenofobe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 16:00:25 -0500 (EST)

At 10:17 AM 2/17/97 +0000, you wrote:
>REMINDER
>
>THIS WEEKS TOPIC IS THE COMBAT PHASE
>
>MAINLY:CLOSE COMBAT AND THE PINNING RULES
>

>Up to now the opinion with more support is to keep the present pinning
>rules with the addition of skimmer pins skimmer.
>
>Also we need more opinions on how to resolve large close combats where
>one oponnent out numbers the other(the present way is confusing to
>some).

 OK situation: A Warlord titan on FF orders, is cc by 10 infantry stands.
The titan gets
     some help from the aid of 10 bikes. Now in this situation, the Player
with the titan
     outnumbers the attacker. It still has to fire it's FF shots but CAN'T
fire at the
    attacking infantry because they are ALSO in CC with the bikes. So the
way to resolve
    this is to fight the CC between the bikes and the infantry first, then,
whatever is
     leftover fights the titan. Take the surviving number of bikes and that
will be the
     amount of dice that the infantry player gets in ADDITION to his 2
standard dice.
    The titan player will get extra dice too, it gets that many dice that
equals the
     surviving number of attacking infantry.
      Now, if there are only 9 bikes counter-attacking the attacking
infantry, the two
      sides will be even. In this case the titan is attacked first and
seeing it will
     most likely die, just remove it from play along with the 10 attacking
infantry
     and 9 counterattacking bikes.
    BUT, if the titan is attacked by 2 or more TITANS, and the first titan
looses and
    is NOT, killed, then the next titan would get the extra die. If the
titan is attacked
    by 1 titan and 7 infantry, the defending titan and atacking infantry
should be
    removed as the defending titan will be toast. ALSO, if say 8 bikes enter
the previous
    situation, then the above rule of extra dice would apply. But, if they
only counter-
    attack with 7 bikes, then, roll a die, on a 123 the defending titan, 7
infantry and
    8 bikes are removed from play and counted as dead. The lone attacking
titan (have you
    read this far) is the ONLY survivor.
      Now if the the afforementioned titan is on ADVANCE orders, he simply
can NOT walk
    away, because he could hit the counterattacking bikes. Remember them? So
roll a die
   and on a123 the titan carefully misses hitting any of the delicate
troops. BUT if the
   roll is a 456, well, then some of the infantry and or bikes will be
stepped on and killed.
    Roll a D6 for each stand in the titans path and on a 5 or 6 the stand is
crushed/killed.
   On the roll of a 1, the stand (freind or foe) MUST MAKE AN IMEDIATE
MORALE CHECK and
    if fails must move charge rate away from the enemy. If it can't then it
is destroyed.
    The unit became SO panicked that it lost its way and died.
    Finally if the titan is on charge orders, it WILL crush anyone that is
in it's path
    roll a D6 for each stand in it's path, on a 3456, the stand is killed on
a roll of a
    one, as above.
   I hope that this will help in resolving those "sticky" situations
involving large
   amounts of stands with a titan involved.

                                                        Keith