Re: [Epic] Epic 40k Star Wars Imperials Stats

From: Francois Bruntz <Francois.Bruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 23:04:48 -0000

Erik a �crit :

> In rough form, as I continue to procrastinate, here are the stats for
> the Imperials:
>
> Infantry
> Description Move Range Fire Aslt Arm Specials
> Std. Squad 10cm 30cm 1FP 1 3+
> Hvy. Squad 10cm 45cm 2FP 1 3+
> Std. StmTrpr 10cm 30cm 1FP 2 4+ Stubborn, Rapid Fire
> Hvy. StmTrpr 10cm 45cm 2FP 1 4+ Stubborn
> Sct. StmTrpr 10cm 30cm 1FP 2 3+ Stubborn, Rapid Fire

I suppose that you forgot the Infiltrator competence for these scouts...
I would also allow them an upgrade in motojet :
Mvt : 40cm, Range : 15cm, FP : 1, Armor : 4+, skimmer, infiltrator

> Support Wpn. 5cm 60cm 2FP 0 4+
> Flak Wpn. 0cm* 60cm AT 0 4+ Flak
> Royal Guard 10cm 15cm AT 4 5+ Stubborn

I don't agree with your version of the Royal Guard, I think that this is
closer to their incridible competences :
Royal Guard 10cm 30cm 1FP 2 4+ Hero, Stubborn, Rapid Fire

> * The Flak Weapon is the CoMar Tri-Tracker which is generally intended
> for permanent emplacements or mobile deployment with a heavy duty sled.
> It may be loaded or unloaded but may not move unless loaded.

> I may later add the elite units (SnowTroopers, Zero-G Troopers, etc.) to
> this list, in which case the basic StormTrooper may be toned down a bit.

Do you really think that Zero-G Troopers can be involved in ground battles?
It's too bad, they would have made perfect terminator-like units... ;o)

> Vehicles
> Description Move Range Fire Aslt Arm Specials
> Speeder Bike 35cm 30cm 2FP 1 3+ Skim
> C.A.V. 30cm 45cm AT 1 5+

I think that this unit should be a close support one : with this equipment,
one single pilot has the fire power of a squad.

> L.M.V. Truck 25cm 0 0 0 4+ Skim, T(5)
> L.M.V. Shtle 30cm 30cm 2FP 1 5+ Skim, T(1)

Where did you find these units? From the Hell Hammers?

> Hoverscout 30cm 45cm 6FP 2 4+ Skim, T(1)
> Cmd. Speeder 20cm 15cm 1FP 1 5+ Skim
> Mbl Cmd Base 20cm 45cm AT 1 6+ Save, T(1)
> Leveler 10cm 90cm HBar 0 4+
> Penetrator 10cm 90cm DR* 0 4+
>
> * The Speizoc v-188 Penetrator has a problem with the attenuation of
> armor penetration with range. From 0-45cm it is a Death Ray. From
> 45+cm-90cm it is an AT shot.
>
> There are more vehicle types which will need to be researched. C.A.V. =
> a one man Combat Assault Vehicle. L.M.V. = Light Mechanized Vehicle :
> two variants are speeder truck and speeder shuttle. The latter is
> intended for use on the front lines, the former is intended for moving
> prior to battle. The Mobile Command Base is a vehicle that the
> commander can use to move around the battlefield in relative safety.
> The command staff for a battalion would usually move around in one of
> these, sometimes living in it while deployed for a war.
> The Leveler is essentially a self-propelled MLRS system with no
> significant armor or defenses. Penetrator is the same but with a big
> energy weapon.
>
> War Engines
>
> Description Move Range Fire Aslt Arm Specials
> AT-AT 15cm 12 6+ T(8)
> DC(10) 60cm 2xDR Front
> 30cm 6FP Front
> AT-ST 20cm 3 5+
> DC(2) 45cm AT Front
> 30cm 4FP Front
> Juggernaut 10cm 8 5+ T(10)
> DC(8) 60cm 3xDR Front
> 45cm 3FP All Round
> 30cm 4FP All Round
> Floating 25cm 10 6+ T(2)
> Fortress 45cm 3xAT All Round
> DC(6) 30cm 3xDS All Round
>

> The Juggernaut is a gigantic multi-wheeled land transport almost as
> large as the AT-AT and used before the AT-AT came around. The Floating
> Fortress is used by occupation forces to eliminate disturbances and put
> the fear of the Emperor in a populace.

I like these WE stats but don't you think that there damage capacity is a
little too high? Of course they don't have shields but they can be cheaper
than the titans.

> Well, it's rough, it's questionable, but there it is.

And it is very good Erik! I think that we can make a satisfying imperial
army by using your work!
What do you suggest for the figs?

        Stormtroopers : Space Marines painted in white and black
        Standard Imperial soldiers : Imperial Guards painted in black
        Royal Guard : Space Marines?
        Hoverscout : Wave Serpent
        Command Speeder : Falcon
        Mbl Cmd Base : Leviathan
        Floating Fortress : one the Vaul Engines
        AT-AT : Micro Machine fig
        Speeder Bikes : Eldar Jet Bikes
        Etc...

Well, there is a lot of work but it's very interesting! :o)

Fran�ois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universit� Paris XII/IBM France)

                    L'ORDinateur's Home Page
                Epic 40k and Epic Space Marine

                    Last Update : 02-14-1998

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/