Re: [Epic] Storage Question

From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:15:18 +0000

At 11:58 AM 2/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>From: "C.Sinclair" <csi_at_...>
>>Subject: Re: [Epic] Storage Question
>
>>Steel Paper and Magnetic Tape
>>Short but sweet.
>
></Verbose off> please! :)
>
>Tell us more!
>What is 'Steel Paper' and how do I get some?? I'm over here in the States,
>so I may have to do some 'cultural translation' at my local DIY, er,
>hardware store. :)
>
>I've already bought the sheet steel (very thin gauge) and tin snips, but
>I'd _love_ to hear of an alternative to cutting out thin strips of steel! :)
>
>Thanks for any info....
>Larry

In the wargames magazines (e.g. Practical Wargamer, Miniature Wargames etc)
on this side of the pond you regularly get adverts for this sort of
material. Steel paper comes in two thicknesses depending on how high you
want your minis to stand after glueing the stuff onto the base. The
magnetic tape (could be misconstrued as the stuf that huge amounts of
electronic data are backed up on to) is an adhesive tape with a magnetic
surface. I have to admit that the stuff I use I got from a veteran wargamer
who lives some distance away now. I'll check my magazines and get more
details and posibly U.S. stockists

Cheers,
Colin

******************************