Re: [Epic] Boardgames (or more non-epic stuff) -Reply

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:33:43 -0700

CLL_at_... wrote:

> OK, so my point is: What would you say is the main "other" game that
> you play (not primarily a mini rules set)? Also, is there another miniature
> game you are as devoted to as Epic?
>
> I've left out other GW games, RPG's and Computer games, though I know
> many of us dabble in those too.If that's your only bag, go ahead and
> mention 'em. Might find a new opponent for some of the internet-playable
> stuff, anyway. We might need to start another thread for the computer stuff,
> but let's see.
>
> I ask for two reasons - one, I'm betting we'll see some common stuff, and
> also because anyone who likes epic enough to stick on this list may have
> validity to their opinions on another game also, so I might need to try it out.
>
> Chris Miller
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> I'm in three Battletech/Mechwarrior campaigns, which are running once a
> week, though they usually take turns.
> I also fly an X-Wing on the PC (Not X vT) and the other main game, which I
> have started running at cons (EuroGenCon again this year for anyone
> interested) is Space Hulk. The original rules. We've started playing Babylon
> 5 Wars (not many minis..... yet), and have dabbled with Legions of Steel.
> Oh and the occaisional game of 40K (duck).
>
> Krass

Sadly, B5 wars is in permanent litigational limbo. Something about
selling rights to several different companies, then Turner got some
control, and everyone claimed exclusive priviledge, then mary revealed
that jimmy's baby was probably george's, which pissed off everyone.
Upshot is, you probably won't see anymore minis for a while, which is
sad as it was not a bad game at all.

Thane