Re: [Epic] Space games

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 23:06:18 -0700

Chris Miller wrote:

> >Sadly, B5 wars is in permanent litigational limbo. Something about
> >selling rights to several different companies, then Turner got some
> >control, and everyone claimed exclusive priviledge, then mary revealed
> >that jimmy's baby was probably george's, which pissed off everyone.
> >Upshot is, you probably won't see anymore minis for a while, which is
> >sad as it was not a bad game at all.
> >
> >Thane
> >
> ---------> Where'd you hear this? AOG released 3 or 4 cruisers last week...
> AFAIK the only company they have to deal with as far as rights is Warner
> Bros, regardless of what network the show is on - of course, if this
> something one could read on the web, steer me there.
> They've had legal blocks to distributing it outside the U.S. - is that what
> we're talking about?
> (It is a decent game and plays quicker than SFB. If you haven't seen it ,
> check it out, especially if you liked SFB. The main guy behind it was one of
> the main guys behind SFB in the late 80's early 90's)
>
> Chris Miller

This was what I was told about 6 weeks ago by a guy who knew a guy who
walks the designer's dog. In any event, the first problem was supposedly
due to a problem with getting minis cast, then in the mean time
litigation came up between the owners of the roleplaying game, mini game
and CCG game. Maybe they've worked it all out, or maybe they got the
mini problems worked out and are going to release them anyway.

What came out?

Their is a web page for the game; I thinks its on the title page of the
rule book. I thought it was a decent compromise between the absurd
complexity of SFB and silent deaths simplicity.

By the way, I'm going to put GSC-shareware in E-mail this weekend. I
want to proofread one last time and make sure everything that I've been
taking for granted in the rules is actually spelled out ("What do you
mean, I don't have the turn sequence listed?!" was a favorite from the
last batch I gave the rules to).

What is required to start a mail list? Anyone know? Since I don't have a
web page, I'm going to need a way of getting feed back.

Thane

By the way, isn't Epic cool? (just wanted to have some relationship to
the actual list topic...)