Re: [Epic] GW Outdoes itself

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 18:24:02 +1000

Rather than ranting on in a boring fashion about GW's outrageous prices,
I'll just pass on this little gem from their March newsletter, purely
for entertainment value.

>THUNDERHAWKS ARE GO IN AMERICA!
>Starting March 1st, GW-USA Mail Order will be selling the 40K scale
>Thunderhawk kits (previously on sale only through GW-UK Mail
>Order). These are the same expert modelling kits as advertised in
>Citadel Journal & seen at Games Day: hand-packed in a felt-lined,
>embossed, individually numbered & lacquered pine case, as befits this
>special item.

> - Thunderhawk kits will be $6500 + $15 S&H.

US $6515 or Aus $10,000. Even I didn't think they'd have the Chutzpah to
charge this amount for anything before at least the year 2002.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo