Re: [Epic] Cavalry/jump pack speed...

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:50:48 -0500

> I mean, disrupt cannot hits if d6x5 roll is equal or greater than
> target unit's speed characteristic. So does it target against
> 10cm or 20cm speed?

Ah, you mean the distortion cannon. Disrupt always hits on a 4+,
regardless of speed.

My take on this whole can of worms is that the special abilities (i.e.
cavalry, jump packs) determine your 'actual' speed. Any further bonuses
are added after that. Otherwise, we'd be discussing whether Space
Marine Heavy Weapons squads had an assault of 2 or 3 when you're within
30cm... The abilities should be considered part of the stats.

If you play forced march a cavalry unit with a move of 20cm, it moves
30cm not 40cm. The ability only describes how to arrive at the real
stat line, IMHO and should not be re-multiplied during the game.

Regards,

- Erik