Re: [Epic] An amazing thing!!

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 21:54:36 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 18-Feb-97 Re: [Epic] An amazing thing!! by Jason
Stephensen_at_....
> One follows a great gaming spirit, the other is a money-grubbing
> multi-national company. Of course the attitudes are different.

Just a couple points here. I'm not really trying to defend GW's
attitude here, but you're forgetting something else: GZG is a two-man
operation, IIRC, while GW is a large multinational corporation. (At
least, they fit that description in my book....) While I'm not sure if
GZG stock is publicly available, I know GW's is, and that makes them
beholden to their stockholders to *make* *money*. GW *was* like GZG is
now, just look at the old WDs and Rogue Trader. The question is, what
will GZG be like in 10+ years....

(Hopefully, the same. They don't seem to be trying to get into as many
different things as GW did, which is a good thing; it's easier to
support.)

Later,

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...