Re: [Epic] WW2 with EPIC

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:26:53 -0600

Aaron wrote:

> Well, here's the first draft of my "WW2 with EPIC" rules. I've
> translated most of the German vehicles available from GHQ into EPIC
> stats. At the bottom of the file are the charts I used in the
> conversion. My main problem was with the ranges of the various
> weapons.
> I'm not sure what these should be. Anyway, email me with any
> comments/suggestions/insults on these convertions or possible
> detachments.

Any problems with this making it's way in to E41K?

Ok, I'll look into doing the UK & Italy (so I can do my favorite,
Western Desert, 1940-42).

You have the small arms to tank gun ratio down about right, however you
really missed the mark on artillery.
You have assigned way to SHORT ranges to artillery. vs tank guns. There
is NO way that a Panther out ranges a 75mm howitzer, much less by 50%.
For the record, the Panther has a range of about 1000 meters, the
howitzer about 7,000 to 12,000 depending.

What I would do would be Artillery has unlimited range, but use the
E41K forward observer rules. (short version: 1/4 fire power if firing
blind, 1/2 fire power if using a FO, full fire power if the guns have
LOS on the target.)

If there is not a problem in the list I will post (and put on the web
site) army list for the Western Desert. Say, Monday or so.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com