Re: [Epic] WW2 with EPIC

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:02:59 -0500

Aaron,

Very impressive and I much appreciate you posting them. I have a few
comments:

The second group of vehicles seems to be all assault guns and tank
destroyers. The part I find strange (though I understand based on your
formulae where it's coming from) is the extremely low assault value/FP
of some of these guns. In particular the StuG's with guns & MGs
intended to destroy infantry. 0 Assault is given mostly to things like
artillery in E40k and as a result you would never see assault guns
chosen to help assaults using your current stats. ANY Pzkw would be
better than an assault gun, whereas my understanding is that in reality
the assault guns were pretty good at what they did. Even the Brummbar,
while impressive with 3FP has 0 assault. Anyway, that's my main gripe.
If I were to come at it from a formula point of view, I'm not sure the
turretless modifier should exist. Vehicles don't have fire arcs in E40k
so direction and turret should be assumed irrelevant as the vehicle has
time to move during a phase (it's not really an instant but a series of
instants).

I like the new abilities.

I also think artillery should have longer ranges - JM's suggestion about
using his spotting rules would even things out and give even more of a
WWII flavor.

Keep up the good work!

- Erik