Re: [Epic] WW2 with EPIC

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 23:57:23 -0600

> All Units with FP X at Range Y get:
> X at range Y
> X/2 at 2Y
> X/4 at 3Y
> X/8 at 4Y

I was thinking about using the 1/2 FP at 2XRange but am not sure how
this will effect play. Because of the way EPIC has no reductions for
range I have to use the range in the game as maximum effective range.
I'm afraid that having to calculate firepower for multiple units at
multiple range band would slow down shooting and lessen my ability to
show the difference in weapon systems for the various machines.

> Artillery:
> Artillery get to fire at 1/2 their FP anywhere on the board if the
> target is within LOS of a friendly command unit, and at full FP at any
> unit within their own LOS.

Your never going to convince me that artillery has to (or would want to)
be in LOS to achieve full effect.

                                          -- Aaron Day