Re: [Epic] Rumours R Us

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 01:18:21 -0600 (CST)

>1. The Emperor dies. Abbadon (that nasty Chaos Lord from 40K) sneaks into
>the throne room on Earth and destroys the Golden Throne and thus kills the
>Emperor.

Sneaky.

Lordy lordy lordy. Why did no one think of this one before? "Let's sneak
past the entire human battlefleet and defensive grid and off that annoying
humie who has been leading the Imperium for the last 40,000 years! Never
mind the fact that, depending upon which time you consult, by some accounts
his body died millenias ago and he merely lives on as a warp entity."
That's GW storyline for you.

>2. Many of the Primarchs return. The Imperium sees the return of the
>following Primarchs: Leman Russ (Space Puppies)

Why - won't - you - and - your - chapter - die - already!?

I am so sick of the Space Wolves getting "mystery bonuses" in _every_
_single_ GW game ever created, with the purpose of the bonuses seemingly
being to create opportunity to cheese!

That damn Primarch of theirs has died twice and if these rumours turn out to
be true, he's still not dead! The first time they thought he died he
ventured out into the unknown space never to be seen again, yet, they have
his body from the second time he seems to have died entombed beneath the
Fang (their fortress)!

Maybe I'll get to take another shot at him during my games of Epic40k (if I
end up liking that system). I can hardly wait.

My apologies to any legitimate Space Wolf players out there who don't try to
cheese out their armies, I'm just so sick of seeing those guys around;
someone at GW sure does like his army a lot, and is given way too much
leeway in designing the games.

>Lion El'Jonson (Dark Angels), Sanguinius (Blood Angels, and I know he was
>supposed to be dead but that is what I was told, his body was "lost"
>supposedly), Rogal Dorn (I know he too was killed before the Emperor's very
>eyes, but this is GW we are talking about), and the Primachs from the
>Ultramarines and the White Scars (I can't remember their names). They all
>begin fighting over the throne.

I wonder how many times I'll get to see the Primarchs leading every piddly
little battle. A disproportionately large number no doubt. And hey,
without those new non-nameless detachments, maybe I'll be able to move my
troops around by saying, "Rogal Dorn's detachment moves twenty into cover,"
or other such fun.
:P

>3. The Imperium is split in a civil war over the throne. The Primarchs
>begin to fight over the throne and the Imperium begins to slowly fall into
>civil war. Sections succeed and the Primarchs all claim leadership of the
>Imperium as it stands.

That seems out of character. But then, I've always thought they acted a
little out of character when some of them willingly joined Chaos without
being possessed first.

>4. The Dark Eldar and Space Skaven WILL be created apparently. My source
>wasn't too clear on this. There was also talk of bringing the Slann in too.

Dark Eldar. Sweet. I've always wanted one of those armies.

Space Skaven. Huh. I'll wait and see.

>5. The Squats die as a race. I'm sorry to all of the Squat players out
>there, but this was what I was told. Whether or not it is true I don't
>know. But they all destroy themselves in a similar way to he fall of the
>Eldar and create a new Chaos God in the process. Personally I think this
>would really suck if it is true.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Someone down at GW sure doesn't like the old stumpies!
Very weird. Maybe he was traumatized by one as a child. Might be
interesting having a new Chaos power, though offhand I can't think of any
good themes for a new Chaos power ("Behold! I am Game$ Work$hop, the Chaos
power of Greed and Deception. Feel my terrible power! Your knight army is
obsolete on a 3+, c'mon c'mon c'mon, yes! I got a 4, your army is toast and
you lose by default!")

>I stress again that these were rumours only and that I in no way say they
>are facts. The source of these rumours did work at GWUK as a painter and
>scenery maker and had close contact to Andy and the sculptors apparently.
>My apologies to GW if these _are_ merely malicious rumours. No apologies if
>they are true.
>And we all know how closely they want to link 40K and Epic, so here's hoping
>that most of these were merely unfounded rumours.

And I do hope that they are just rumours. On another note, if anyone wants
to see something interesting (read this: rude), check out the latest WD (206
I think?). In the Golden Daemon section, they already have a category for
Epic40k, and gone is the category of Titans. The Epic40k guidelines go
something like, you must mount 2 detachments of units, with at least one
recommended to being small vehicles or infantry, and movement trays
suggested. Movement trays huh? I hope they charge a fortune for these new
pieces too! Maybe a buck a tray like with Warhammer Fantasy battles!

Michael the irate Liu