Re: [Epic] Rumours R Us

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:13:15 +0800

At 11:39 AM 2/18/97 +1000, you wrote:

>1. The Emperor dies. Abbadon (that nasty Chaos Lord from 40K) sneaks into
>the throne room on Earth and destroys the Golden Throne and thus kills the
>Emperor.

Phew, heavy stuff. Whatever happen to the Astronomicum (sp?) then ? With
that going out and the Navigators able to warp "jump" a few light years at a
time, it does not look too good for the Imperium. But then we will see the
Sensei(s). I can see it now.
"The Chaos strikes back."
"Return of the Sensei(s)."

>2. Many of the Primarchs return. The Imperium sees the return of the
>following Primarchs: Leman Russ (Space Puppies), Lion El'Jonson (Dark
>Angels), Sanguinius (Blood Angels, and I know he was supposed to be dead but
>that is what I was told, his body was "lost" supposedly), Rogal Dorn (I know
>he too was killed before the Emperor's very eyes, but this is GW we are
>talking about), and the Primachs from the Ultramarines and the White Scars
>(I can't remember their names). They all begin fighting over the throne.

I thought Rogal Dorn was dead ? At least in the SM fluff, they depicted him
to be in skeletal form (?) and they even took away his hands - so that the
Masters of Imperial Fists can scrim-shaw on his skeletal hands.

Ditto for Blood Angels's primarch Sanguinius. He was killed by Horus,
supposed no question about that. But I suppose anything is possible in GW
universe. But one big question, if Sanguinius is still alive, will the Red
Rage, Blood Thirst still goes on in the Death Company ?

>3. The Imperium is split in a civil war over the throne. The Primarchs
>begin to fight over the throne and the Imperium begins to slowly fall into
>civil war. Sections succeed and the Primarchs all claim leadership of the
>Imperium as it stands.

Kinda sad isn't it ? But if there is a good leader/administrator among the
primarchs I would think the UM primarch (can't recall his name at the
moment) would be the natural choice. After all, he not only brought the
Golden Age to the Ultramar star system but he wrote most if not all of the
Codex Astartes.

>4. The Dark Eldar and Space Skaven WILL be created apparently. My source
>wasn't too clear on this. There was also talk of bringing the Slann in too.

Whatever happen to the gleaming race ?

>5. The Squats die as a race. I'm sorry to all of the Squat players out
>there, but this was what I was told. Whether or not it is true I don't
>know. But they all destroy themselves in a similar way to he fall of the
>Eldar and create a new Chaos God in the process. Personally I think this
>would really suck if it is true.
>
>I stress again that these were rumours only and that I in no way say they
>are facts. The source of these rumours did work at GWUK as a painter and
>scenery maker and had close contact to Andy and the sculptors apparently.
>My apologies to GW if these _are_ merely malicious rumours. No apologies if
>they are true.
>And we all know how closely they want to link 40K and Epic, so here's hoping
>that most of these were merely unfounded rumours.
>
>-Kelvin.....

Thanks all the same.

Regards
Oki