Re: [Epic] War Engine Names

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 19:35:29 +1000

Chris Miller wrote:

> ---------> Well, thanks back -like the name choices too. Although, this
> does open you up to the Patented Chris Miller Annoyance & Morale Breaker
> Tactic. This was developed in Star Fleet Battles and perfected in Epic and
> Man O War.

> Step 1) Engage opponent in coversation before the game, steering
> conversation towards favorite pieces/mini's,

> Step 2) When game starts, take every opportunity to pump up opponent's
> attatchment to particular units

> Step 3) Immedeatly concentrate all available firepower on the opponents
> favorite target at the first opportunity.

> Step 4) Once you kill the target, act like it was unexpectedly easy and
> perhaps even apologetic

Now that's interesting. Because I use a variant of that, called the
"irresistable
bait". You have one or two miniatures that are fairly tough, and paint
them really
well. The more effective stuff that's not so flashy, you paint
adequately, and make
fairly drab.

Grab your opponent's attention with this Flashy Unit. Make sure it's in
the centre
of your line, and real close to the front.

At the start of the game, watch your opponent concentrate all of his
firepower on it,
and not notice that it's the _other_ units that are taking objectives,
killing units,
and winning the game.

I play Orks, and no matter whether you're using SM2 or E40K, that
MegaGargant always
soaks up the firepower. Of course in SM2, the MegagGargant is both
tougher and nowhere
near as good offensively.

The number of times where my opponents have reduced the Good Stuff to a
flaming wreck, but
lost all of their troops doing it, is legion.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo