Re: [Epic] War Engine Names

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:05:56 -0500

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> "Miller, Chris" <CMiller_at_...> writes:
> > What you have described is one of the main ways to beat the "Flagship
> > Kill" gambit. The other is the same strategy as taking tanks in WH40K:
> > Always take more than one. It can be expensive points-wise, but take a
> > backup for that centerpiece unit- battlecruiser, another Greatship, a
> > second titan, etc. The old titan battlegroups made this pretty easy - 3
> > Great Gragants for 1700 points? Twist my arm....
>
> I started employing this to great success. You wouldn't
> believe how much firepower a pair of Revenants will absorb, or how
> much gets sent towards them.

        Heh... tell that to Erik after our last 2 games... (he got
REALLY unlucky with the holofield saves in both games, and in the
1st game, when one of his Revenants blew it knocked out the holofields
of its untouched partner - ouch!)

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"All good people are asleep and dreaming"