Re: [Epic] Net Epic: Close combat

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 08:07:35 -0600 (CST)

>Right. We used to do it the same way.
>However, don't forget that we've now agreed to have snap fire *instead of*
>defensive fire (do I remember correctly?), so the titan, and everybody else
>within range, can SF to the infantry, but there will be no pre-CC FF.

Well, if we're going to change it so that defensive fire is snap fire,
perhaps we should make the rule that snap firing by a detachment against an
enemy that's charging it doesn't have that -1 to hit penalty. This would
represent the fact that it's easier to hit a moving target when its coming
(for the most part) straight at you. And it would also keep from
unbalancing the game towards CC game balance wise.

>> Yeah, but I'm not following too well!

>Neither do I. What, are we *removing* stands without fighting?

Well, what the hell, I'm already responding: me too. Could you try
explaining your idea again Keith?

>> I think that the current rules work pretty well, and it would be a huge
>> uneccessary complication to implement a case by case orders by orders CC
>> rule just for titans.
>>
>>I don't approve of changing the CC rules as they stand, but if people do
>>see a problem, perhaps the simplest solution would be to say that "you cannot
>>engage a model you cannot pin" (although the model you cannot pin CAN
>>squish you like a bug if it chooses to engage YOU...) Skimmers would be a
>>special case to be dealt with separately...

>I agree in principle (with Brett, that is).

I dunno, I don't _think_ that what Keith is proposing is case by case orders
by orders CC rules for Titans. But I'm not quite sure what he _is_
proposing. A change in the CC rules might be nice, since the current ones
don't work well with games with more than two opponents. Though I've
already seen a lot of good ideas for alternatives come through.

Ummm, sigs went something like this:

>>>Keith Zanardi

>>Agro

>S. Birol Akmeric