Re: [Epic] Rumours R Us

From: nethol <nethol_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 16:15:52 +0200

> From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
> >Well, this reminded me the first time we played Warhammer with my
brother...
> >...that is how they fought in the medieval times", and he went
>
> Hey...
>
> No badmouthing medieval combat! That's my favourite hobby we're talkin'
about!

> (Just stirring the pot a bit - sorry!)

It's quite allright. I like medieval combat too. Further, my second
favorite reading field is medieval Europe (first is, not unexpectedly, SF).
That's why I spent 600 pounds on WH. As a game it sort of disappointed us
though (especially after playing SM for some years). You have all those
beautiful models, and you paint them so painstakingly, but you can't get
that "hand-to-hand" combat feeling out of it. Neither you have half the
strategic possibilities you have in Epic. You just have lumps of stands
(the "units") that doesn't have much maneuveribility, and some super-heroes
who beat those single-handedly.

S. Birol Akmeric

nethol_at_...