[Epic] Troop/Tank Rule

From: Cyril Crocker <cyguy_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 01:18:48 -0500

I've been thinking over why anyone would ever put their infantry behind
their tanks rather then in front to soak up the hits. It seems totally
illogical until I remembered that the basis of Epic40k is the Blast Marker.

Example: Detachment A shoots at detachment B. Det. A has 5 firepower and
will place a BM if they score any hits. Det. B consists of a couple tanks
and troop stands. The tanks have armour 6 and the troops have armour 3.
 Normally this would mean that a BM would be placed on any roll of 3 or
higher regardless of the placement of the units in det. B. However if the
troops were covered by the tanks and touching base, this means the attacker
needs to score higher to place any Blast Markers.

The problem I see with this is when facing detachments that will
automatically place BM's. The advantage disappears at that point.

Any comments?