Re: [Epic] trivia quiz 3&4

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 23:23:50 +1000

Dirk Vormann wrote:

> This time it is very easy!
>
> Question 3: Which term was first and what did it mean?
>
> "emperor class titan"
> "emperor titan"
> "imperator titan"

I'll have to look this one up in Adeptus Titanicus.

> Question 4: name all imperial titans

a) Fred, George, Bill...
b)Apart from the Warhound and Reaver, individual configurations of
Warlord used to have different names. And there's at least one
additional Emperor Class Titan named in "Codex Titanicus" in TL (SM2).

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
From "Mark Humphries (EUKFINC1PO)"
 <mhumphri_at_...> Tue Feb 24 05:19:09 1998
From: "Mark Humphries (EUKFINC1PO)"
	 <mhumphri_at_...>
To: space-marine_at_...
Subject: RE: [Epic] More armies please!
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:15:32 -0000
Sender: owner-space-marine_at_...
Los Replied
> >         1) How do you model a Hybrid in Epic scale.
> I would simply sue a mix of IG troopers on a stand with Tyranid troops,
> maybe have a genestealer be a squad leader. Other than that you get into
> xacto knife customization.

	I think I would prefer to model the conversion so Thanes idea with
the Stealer arm is pretty good (Thanks Thane)
> >         2) How far do you take the idea of the cultists infiltrating
> > the
> > Imperial Guard.
>
> Outside of some special scenarios, by the time the battle is fighting
> you usually already have delineated who's on which side. Hoewever that
> being said, you could have a scenario where just before teh battle
> start, there's a percentage chance that x amount of squads will
> "convert" to the cult side after deployment. Sort of like how the Blood
> Angels choose their death Company.

	Interesting idea, could be used against most armies for scenario
purposes.
> >          Have they for example been able to infiltrate the Imperial
> > Flyers,
> > or the Imperial Heavy Tanks. Will they have the Imperial Tank
> > detachments?
> >I would say YES. In fact my story tha's near completion covers this in
> some detail. there have also benn other short stories on teh net that
> I've read where some Cult forces have remained on the Imperial Side
> throughout the fighting only to "switch" over at some critical juncture
> in the battle.
> >         According to some Q&A  for 40K they may use all the Imperial
> > Guard
> > Vehicles.
>    Without this form of support, I would suggest this be more of
> > concept army as most other opponents unless severly limited in their
> > army
> > selection would be able to defeat them. But then again according to
> > different bits of fluff, Genestealers Cults have been able to
> > overthrow
> > whole planets.
> >
> 	The only real problem I have with allowing them access to all the
> Guard vehicles, is that they may lose there flavour and become just
> another representation of the Imperial Guard.
>

> I would also add that the Genestealer Cult not only effects trained
> troops but normal Army populations too. This could then give you an
> additional Cult unit, the "crazed mob". These forces have very imited
> weaponry (you know, pitch forks, knives, pistols, bare hands, teeth) but
> are very numerous and very cheap. being possessed psychicly, they are
> somewhat immune to leadership tests unless the synapse leader dies also.
> You would use them as a human wave to screen regular cult forces are
> disrupt  Cult enemies in the midst of fighting.
	Could be useful.
> For models, you could buy GHQ infantry. they come alreay standing
> together as one model representing like 10 people, plop down a few
> models on a stand, then a quick multicolored paint job and with two
> packs ($10.00) you have 200 frothing mobs on 10 or 20 stands. It might
> not add too terribly much to teh fighting but it would seem "realistic".
> Especially if the IG is fighting through some wrecked city and these
> forces are hiding in building so they can attack without exposing
> themselves to too much fire.
>
>                          PV      Speed   Range   FP      Assault Armour
> Special
> Cult Mob           2           10           0      01       2+
> <--subject to debate

	Again another interesting idea, Brood Brothers represent the
converted Planet Defence Force & Imp Guard, so these would represent
families of cult members not trained in any formal way for war.
	Say 1 to 5 stands per "squad".
	I am toying with the idea of giving the Hybrids and Stealers the
same bonus as Tyranids that will allow them to move no matter the number of
BM on them as long as the HQ is still alive or they are within 30cm of the
Supreme Commander. It will not be as powerful as Tyranids due to the smaller
number of HQ's available, as well as if you include any unit other than
Stealers or Hybrids you would not get this bonus. As an afterthought you
could include vehicles as long as they were crewed by Hybrids.. Maybe add a
few points to the cost to represent the crews ability.
	Any thoughts?