Re: [Epic] More armies please!

From: Francois Bruntz <Francois.Bruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 22:42:30 -0000

Tu as �crit :

> ----------->Attached are the ideas I have had for the basic
> formation and stats for the Genestealer Cult Army in Epic 40K. Any
comments
> or help greatfully rec'd.
>
> Most of my "idea's" came from trying to transpose the idea of the
> Cult Army from the Tyranid Codex for WH40K into Epic.
>

> All of the support and other obvious items have the stats & points
> cost from the Imperial Army list.

You can find a Genestealer Cult army list on my site :

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/

> Two major problems I thought of
> 1) How do you model a Hybrid in Epic scale.
> 2) How far do you take the idea of the cultists infiltrating the
> Imperial Guard.
> Have they for example been able to infiltrate the Imperial Flyers,
> or the Imperial Heavy Tanks. Will they have the Imperial Tank
detachments?
> According to some Q&A for 40K they may use all the Imperial Guard
> Vehicles.
>
> Without this form of support, I would suggest this be more of a
> concept army as most other opponents unless severly limited in their army
> selection would be able to defeat them. But then again according to
> different bits of fluff, Genestealers Cults have been able to overthrow
> whole planets.

I think you can use the Cult in campaign involving a Tyranid invasion : for
example, you can imagine that the Imperial defences can be harassed by the
Cult in order to weaken them... Of course such a force can't be a real
threat for a well prepared army.

Fran�ois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universit� Paris XII/IBM France)

                    L'ORDinateur's Home Page
                Epic 40k and Epic Space Marine

                    Last Update : 02-21-1998

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/