RE: [Epic] [versions] was RGMW Newsgroup.

From: Kelley, Kevin J., JCS <kevin.kelley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:10:12 -0500

        Sauron wrote:

<<<<big snip>>>>
> I believe just the opposite for our change. GW has made it more
> expensive. Or can you have a good game just out of the box?( not a
> criticism
> HIT just asking )
> sauron1_at_...

The few games of Epic40k I 've played are "right out of the box" with
the addtion of the Great Gargant and the two titans I traded you for :).
We had a good time playing & learning. Unfortunately my regular
opponent broke his leg and I have been
working on my thesis (due in May) so no gaming till then.

GW is an expensive hobby, granted. And they have the advantage of being
a "monopoly" plus, in business speak, they provide a full spectrum of
products - minis, rules, paints, fluff, tounaments & etc. Completely
unlike ancients, which is the free market system at its best.