RE: [Epic] RGMW Newsgroup.

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:51:56 -0600

> Its only chaos's achilles heel when the GDs are in the open and
> in range. Magnus always seemed to be 90cm away from any Deathstalker
> that
> could see him (thats AFTER he nuked something in the psychic phase :|
> ). The
> others always were in cover.
------> That's fine except pop-ups negate most of your cover, and the
Eldar can get into range fairly easy with all those skimmers. Magnus got
one, maybe two shots and then died, or turned into a chaos card sink as
HTH troops started ganging up on him or tempests and falcons shoot him
continuously with pop-up fire. I'll also point out that if he's able to
zap something he's not in cover, and there's probably Stuff on the
way...

> That ruling about the KoS not needing LOS and
> the majority of other GDs being CC experts and staying hidden meant
> they almost
> never got nuked.
??? - the CC guys with no or very short-ranged attacks mean they spend
most of the game doing nothing except hiding in the trees if they aren't
getting nuked. It can be as simple as putting a few jetbike units out in
their way so that they have to engage them in CC, and of course they
aren't pinned by skimmers so they can be blown apart by ranged fire.
> Really depressing - very hard to kill , they still do their
> job somewhat effectively.
Prism Cannons, Psychic Lances, Warlocks in Flacons, Wave Serpents -
they're not that hard to kill. Even blasting them with normal weapons
starts to pull away those cards PDQ if they venture out.
> CC wise heck scorps were gross (Maybe I should have
> taken more than the 2 units I owned but when things are that gross
> WYSIWG is usually fairer) but banshees/harleys were tough but not that
> great given their
> cost (how many things had a 6+ save to screw over the banshees
> ......).
----> Banshees did get a bit of a rip, but they were still nasty. Harlie
re-rolls really piled up in multiple attacker scenarios. Scorps were the
best, though.
> I get the feeling IM an eldar player who cant see their
> strengths
> and get fixated on their weaknesses while CM is the same but for chaos
> :).
> Maybe we should swap gaming groups so he can club my opponents with
> his chaos
> and I can cream his with the eldar :).

------> I probably played Chaos the least, Impies & Orks the most. Eldar
were somehwere in between. GD's were a hard to kill with Impies as they
lacked decent psychic attacks, but even with extremely dense terrain,
with all the Eldar pop-ups, excellent CC troops,and psychic weapons ,
the Eldar were _made_ to kill Chaos. If you can't do it with them, when
did Chaos lose?

Chris Miller