Re: [Epic] RGMW Newsgroup.

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:01:45 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:

> Also
> LOB's are fine (always take mine!) but psychic saves don't negate beam
> attacks like the Weirdboy bolts and the Prism cannon - that's in TL I
> believe.

        No, the save does apply against such attacks.

> -------> I thought there was some kind of restriction on flyers entering
> CC with ground units?

        There isn't, but the problem with trying this is that
the flyers are not pinned, so they generally don't survive to
the CC phase. And if you're targetting firestorms with them,
the firestorms aren't pinned either, so they can still shoot
at whatever the eldar player wants and leave other units to
pick off the rather fragile doomwings.

> > > --------> Which Infantry is cheap for chaos - Cultists?
> >
> > Minotaurs, space marines, chaos squats. I never had any cultists, so I
> > don't know much about their
> > abilities.
> >
> -----> Cultists were just like IG tac troopers. I might point out the
> above, in additoin to being cheap,

        200 points for crap troops is not cheap, especially
when you can get minotaurs for 50 pts more.

> is also slow, only the marines have
> any decent transports, and all are extremely beatable in CC by the
> Eldar.

        And their morale sucks rocks.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"My mind is going... I can feel it." - 2001