Re: [Epic] EPIC40k Rumor (Control)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:55:00 -0600

At 05:59 PM 2/14/97 -0800, you wrote:

>> By the way, airborne aren't particularly trained for close combat, at
>least
>> no the guys I know.
>
>well, i didn't think so, but the army guys i hang out with sure think
>a LOT of their "special boys"...
>good casualty rates, lots of work for my type

Yeah, it's amazing what throwing someone out of a plane does for their
confidence, especially considering it's an outdated form of troop insertion.
Fast roping out of helos is faster and has less chance of detection, not to
mention it doens' weigh down grunts with a bunch of stupid para-gear. Don't
get me wrong, the airborne guys are competent, they're just not all that.
I'd put them on about the same level as standard USMC infantry.

>> >just my (military) input...
>>
>> What branch?
>
>USNavy, medical for two MEU(SOC)s, ACMAGTAF, couple of MEDCAPS

Outstanding. There's nothing more valuable to a jarhead than a good
corpsman. (And nothing more useless than a bad one . . .)

Temp