Re: [Epic] Music (Topicish)

From: Los <los_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 12:18:08 -0500

I love soundtracks (or music playing in the back of my head) whenever I do
anything so this is a topic I enjoy. Given that we're talking about Epic
sized battles I like the big Epic type soundtratks like:

Holst: The planets (Track 3: Mars the Bringer of War). That to me is a
very breathtaking peice for huge battles. When our detachment was doing
our blackhawk infiltration into Western Iraq, this was playing in the back
of my mind over and over. kept me focused.

Carl Orff: "Carmina Burana." (Most of the CD) Jeez, just about every
Conan-type battle scene in movies either lifts something off this CD
directly or owes it's origin to Orff.

Pouladouris (sp?) Soundtrack to Starship Troopers. (The whole
cd)Regardless of what one thought of the movie, the Soundtrack is great
(IMO) especially if youare conducting a planetary assault. <g>

SSI computer game "Steel Panthers soundtrack" An excellent soundtrack for
tank battles .

Christopher Franke. "B5 soundtrack". ALl of his B5 music is great (of
course I'm a B5 fanatic so am not very partial). Great for Space battles
and what not.

I'll stop now before I ramble to much

Los

P.S> Of course if you're playing Orks than all bets are off! <g>