Re: [Epic] Battle Report Maps

From: Los <los_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 12:06:18 -0500

Hey how about coming up with a standard for battle report maps. The text based
map doesn't look good and doesn't translate well with lots of email readers. I
for one do not mind receiving an attached picture or an embedded picture in
HTML within the emailed, but I suspect an attached picture might be better in
case some people can't do html.

The question becomes limiting the size and establishing a file type. I would
suggest using JPG format. Gifs and BMPS aren't terribly efficient as fas a
size goes. It shouldn't be too hard to construct a map and keep it under
50-60k or so.

I would have loved to included a JPG with my battle report as it makes it more
understandable and more interesting to read but I didn't want to piss anyone
off by sending a file without asking. But again a small sized file is fine by
me. What do you guys think?