Re: [Epic] Battle Report Maps

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 15:38:23 -0600

>The question becomes limiting the size and establishing a file type. I
would
>suggest using JPG format. Gifs and BMPS aren't terribly efficient as fas a
>size goes. It shouldn't be too hard to construct a map and keep it under
>50-60k or so.
>
>I would have loved to included a JPG with my battle report as it makes it
more
>understandable and more interesting to read but I didn't want to piss
anyone
>off by sending a file without asking. But again a small sized file is fine
by
>me. What do you guys think?
>

>John Bridges wrote:

---------> I have some generic map symbol fonts and combining those with the
40K font types might make for some interesting possibilities, although text
maps wouldn't work. How many people on the list could _not_ use something if
it was PC specific, say a word file?
   The JPG idea will work also, I'm just throwing out another idea. Also,
you can use text in most paint programs, so there are some possibilities
there also with the above fonts...

Chris Miller