RE: [Epic] Epi ignored

From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 18:36:20 +0000

>GW started to advertise the German translation of Necromunda in the last 2
>WDs, so it will probably be RELEASED here next month.
>Can anyone tell me why they publish a game while abandoning it somewhere
>else?
>Is someone able to sort this out?
>

>DV

Word from retail is that the game still has a big enough following to remain
available through retail outlets (unlike the better IMHO Man O'War and games
like Blood Bowl and Space Fleet), but design support has been withdrawn or
is pretty near non-existent. So it would be translated for foreign markets,
but no new publications are likely to result.
When you think about it, while it's true that the game is supposed to have a
relatively small number of miniatures per game in protracted campaign play,
even with conversions, you could need a wide range of figures.

Cheers,
Colin

******************************
Colin Sinclair