RE: [Epic] Epi ignored

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:34:41 -0600

> year :)

--------> According to who? Blood Bowl I've heard from the source, but
not this.
> > >Why would they stop supporting and then re-release the same game in
> less
> > >than a year?
> > >

> > They did it with Epic! :)
------> So they're making a whole new version with 100% incompatible
rules changing the way minis are based and issuing all new versions of
things you already had models for?

--------> I can live with this, I think.
> Maybe it is just that they realized they could run some of these games
> through the cycle more than once, without as much investment for the
> second time around. And people will buy a lot quickly, because
> they've
> been swarming auctions for Blood Bowl stuff for the last year or two.
-------> I'll be waiting to see how much "new" material comes out for
it, or if they just reissue-drop, reissue-drop different games every
year...

> I still haven't decided whether I'm interested. It sounds fun, but I
> play too many games already. (rather, "own and wish I had time to
> play".)
-------> This can't be the case. Can anyone really ever have too many
games? No time to play them, sure, but someday you might suddenly get
large quantities of time at exactly the same time as your friends, and
then, what would you do if you didn't have something to fill the days? :
)
(We can dream, anyway. I remember High School & College - all kinds of
time , not enough money. Now I have some money -never enough- but no
time. I have a lot of damn mini's though now, HA HA, many with very low
mileage...)
> I wouldn't mind buying this _really_ cheap, with no minis,
> using cardboard pieces like the original had.
>
> andy

What? Cardboard? Are you some kind of heretic? What if it rains - those
nifty little cardboard pieces are dead! You must use metal!, though I
agree with the buying it cheap portion of your statement. All for
that...

Chris Miller