[Epic] Bases

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 21:15:10 +0000

I went into Portsmouth store (UK) today.
After what the listee who went to the 40 tournament said about the
Grand Tournament in August including Epic I thought I'd ask a few
questions.
Sounds like you should still be allowed to field old style basis even
in the tournament including cavalary and bases mounted on old stand 2
two a base.
As I should be in Burton on Trent around then (40-30minutes drive
away depending on traffic and regular trains) I may try going
myself. Would need to get some practice games in first tho as only
really played SM/TL previously. How many games did it take for
people to be fully familiarised with new rules and tactics etc. I
would not llike to be last in the tournament although wouldnt mind I
suppose being fairly low down.
 I would like proper clarification that can do above before I paint
any more infantry on old bases tho. Think I will use old bases for
all minautres appeart from characters (warbosses, wierdboyz etc)
which will be on new. This means I should have to do hardly any
rebasing of minatures and characters should stand out more. Any
opionons on how this would look?
PS Ork player if anyone cant tell by the sig

         *** M J COOK ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black,Joshua,Dct Strank
     Peter Jones & some I can't remember!