Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 02:40:59 -0600 (CST)

>To make it easier on everyone lets take a poll on two propositions:
> 1-the current rules with the skimmer add on
> 2-any of the other ideas posted, but please pick one in

Ummm...seeing as I'm not really sure what the current rules are I guess I'd
favour number two. I play by a set of rules that I think are the "correct"
way of playing but in the course of this discussion I've seen at least two
posts describe CC systems that are most definately not the way I play yet
are still touted as the official system. I've seen a lot of good ideas for
CC systems, but I can't recall off hand one that sticks in my mind over any
others.

In general, I favour anything that strengthens Titans/vehicles that are soon
to be reclassified as Titans (hopefully :P), and anything that makes CC less
important for the average unit. It would be nice to see a system that could
accomodate a CC between more than two sides. And it would be nice to see a
system that could show wider differences between the really average units
and the really spectacular units. Frex, Titans being monsters of CC (though
I realize we're not discussing them yet), and certain vehicles/troops being
minor daemons of CC. It really bothers me the way save modifiers and CAFs
have all gradually escalated, so that the land raider's +3 that is described
in the rule book as "incredible" has become so-so. Most units in my view
should be +0 to +2, with the really exceptional unit being higher.

Mike the Liu