Re: [Epic] E40K- Counter Assaulting

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 22:17:05 -0600

Aaron Day wrote:

> The very first time I played, what what left of my shooty space marine
> detachment was fixin to get squashed by a huge Ork assaulty detachment.
> I won the initiative and scooched a couple of marines withing 15cm of
> two boar boys (who were leading the charge). I won the firefight and
> broke the whole detachment! He then couldn't charge me. This didn't seem
> right (still doesn't) so I sent off an email to the ruleboyz (big
> mistake) who told me the ALL detachments on assault orders get to move
> before ANY firefights/close combats are resolved.
>
> Have I been playing wrong this whole time?!

Page 11 rule book.
Section 3 "Assault Phase"
1. Determine Initiative
2. Resolve the first players assault moves, close combats and fire
fights.
3. Resolve the second players assault moves, close combats and fire
fights.

Looks to be rather clear cut to me. You did it right the first time,
the rulez boyz were on drugs and you are doing it wrong now.