Re: [Epic] E40K- Counter Assaulting

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 13:06:23 -0500

Aaron Day wrote:

> The very first time I played, what what left of my shooty space marine
> detachment was fixin to get squashed by a huge Ork assaulty detachment.
> I won the initiative and scooched a couple of marines withing 15cm of
> two boar boys (who were leading the charge). I won the firefight and
> broke the whole detachment! He then couldn't charge me.

        This is part of the reason why having several small
detachments as opposed to single large detachments is a Good
Thing. It also underscores the importance of winning the
initiative phase, and being more mobile than your opponent.

> This didn't seem
> right (still doesn't) so I sent off an email to the ruleboyz (big
> mistake)

        Yep.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"I felt like I was becoming scientifically interesting." - Heart of
Darkness