RE: [Epic] New Player.. Not New lister

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 10:53:57 -0600

> > Because the Titans are not 1/10th the cost by far...
>
> Titans should not be any thing but terrain in WH40k. The fact that
> you
> have some price for then is, well, odd.

------> I agree 100% with this statement except fot the odd part, as
there have been titan mini's made in 40K scale (though I think they're
actually undersized compared to the ratios in Epic) and yes, the do come
with rules/stats for 40K. Sick , isn't it? They also made the superheavy
tanks and several of the Chaos Engines and Tyranid vehicles, which I
have less of a problem with. Oh, and the titans had the variable weapons
fits too, though I haven't seen many of the weapon stats. Imagine the
Inferno Gun or the Vulcan mega-bolter in 40K. Let's see, on average the
VMB will off 4 squads of 5 men each, so that would be what 8-10
sustained fire dice? And the Inferno gun...one hell of a template, eh? "
Start with your WH40K box lid, and make a cut..."

I always said they'd make nice terrain, as in a "Defense of the
Shadowsword company" type scenario where you assume these guys are busy
nuking titans off-board, or a "Downed Titan" scenario with special rules
for the crew & princeps being assited by marines to repel orks or chaos
etc, but as part of a 40K force...sheesh. Unless, of course, I can stomp
special characters. Then I'm all for it. "What - Marneus Calgar? STOMP!
Where Marneus Calgar?"

Chris Miller