[Epic] New Player.. Not New lister

From: Derek Tabor <voiddrgn_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 18:16:04 -0500

Hi.. I have been subscribed to the list for sometime now, and after finding
out that it was Epic, and not 40k, I filtered all messages into the trash
and ignored them..

Well, Sure as hell, I have decided to play epic...
I havent got much, as i decided last week and i dont even have the boxed
set yet, but I will soon enough.

I bought a little box of space marines for like 8.50.. its the "Space
Marine Battle Group" or something that has 3 tac squads, 1 ass squad, 1 dev
squad, 4 bikes(2 groups of 2?), 1 scout squad and 6 characters.

I have decided to play Imperial Forces obviously and am asking as to what
my next investment should be aside from the boxed set.

I am definetely not playing strict Space marines.... I plan to have more
than enough Imperial Guard in the army.. but since i do not as yet, know
how the game works... i dont know how much a significant amount is.

I remember flipping thourgh my friends epic books for about 5 minutes, and
it seems that prices are near 1/10th that of 40k.. well close.. I was
wondering where they get some of the prices.. I mean the Ig Squad was 14
points if I remember correctly(17?), the exact price was irrelevant... and
I noticed that the heavy weapons squad is the same.. If you compare to
prices in 40k, this is usually not the case.

60 points +weapons for Heavy weapon squad.
100 points +Heavy Weapon+ special weapon for regular.

Now... the typical Heavy weapons team consists of either 3 Heavy bolters(10
points each) or 3 lascannons(30 points each). The first is 90 points,
significantly under the BASE regular squad cost, and the second is 150
which is significantnly higher than a typical IG squad of (Heavy
bolter/flamer=116 points)... or (Lascannon/flamer=136 points)... maybe its
some sort of average... or does someone else have a good explanation?

Because the Titans are not 1/10th the cost by far...

What is the typical game size for epic?

Would a Epic 40k, travel type game be interesting.. use 40k rules, but epic
minis?

How many points is that little box I got... I know its not much..
300? Are terminators really only 19 points?(small pic in WD 216 says 19 for
termies, 30 for tactical)

Are there any special rules for Dark Angles or Blood Angels in Epic? Or is
a space marine, a space marine?

Also..

How many Space Marine players paint the insignia on EVERY shoulder? That
seems very tedious if not downright difficult without some sort of pen.. I
mean the GW paint jobs on epic mini's are not so insanely difficult, but I
saw the "U" on every Ultra Marine Terminator and almost vomited.

And if I deside to play DA in epic, hell if i want to paint the Eagle+Sword
on every shoulder.

Do Other people convert termie seargeants to a powersword? Some termies to
chainfists? I'd like to convert one(This may sound odd, it doesnt add much)
terminator to having a assault cannon. Hey call me weird or insane... I
like that.

Thank you in advance...

-Derek
"Power Corrupts, Absolute Power..... is kinda cool!" :)