Re: [Epic] [Epic 40k] Ideal 2000 point Armies

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 17:33:53 +0000

On 4 Mar 98 at 19:26, Sean Smith wrote:

> It would be interesting to see different list members
> ideal 2000 point army lists.

Do you mean ideal as in if we had the minatures or ideal as in
whats the best forces we feel we could put togethor with our own
minis.
Also any restrictions on anything?
What scenarios rules?
Is it for a campaign?
Do you mean the force most likely to win with or without cheese or
flavourfull? Ie in SM/TL would have lots of Madboyz, as many as
possible but not for how good they were just for fun!

> It would also be interesting
> if player wrote about the strength and weakness of their
> ideal army and best way to use the various detachments in
> their ideal army.

Hard to do this without playtesting it and if you are talking with
minis you havent actually got that makes this a bit impractical.

> This would help inform list members of the
> different styles of play. I will design ideal army myself,
> and post it to the list tomorrow.

I will be interested in the results just want some ground rules first
so everyone goes allong same ideas.
Will be most interesting if we get many from the same armies to see
if similar styles or different.

> If other people are interested posting an ideal army to the
> list I suggest they use the format below, because it will make
> it easier compare the different player ideal armies of the same
> race. All ideal army should be designed assuming that they
> could be facing an army of any of the other races and using any
> of the second set of six scenerios in the battle book.

Opps missed that line strike my comment on scenarios.

> Army List:
>
> Tactics for the army as whole:
>
> The Functions of specifc detachments in the army:
>
> Armies Strengths:
>
> Armies Weakness:
>

> ---
> Sean Smith
>
> Seans_at_...

Also maybe if have the minis for it?
If have tried it?
If so the results (agregate).

         *** M J COOK ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black,Joshua,Dct Strank
     Peter Jones & some I can't remember!