RE: [Epic] Rants. Was SM/TL vs E40K unit costs

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 14:58:45 -0500

> It's a better looking game with banners & such, but if you have
>them people will try to use that to justify sniping the special units.
>So you can either allow this (bad game), delete all banners and
>decoration (bad looking), or just outlaw it thru a rule and leave the
>banners etc. in (good for game, good for mini's).
>

> Chris Miller

Chris, this is the best explanation I have ever heard on all this. And you
are exactly right. I play wargames, because of a sick fascination with war
and tactics, and in all my studies, I have noticed that only Headquarter
bound officers, where discernably different uniforms. In the field all
troopers where damn near the same thing. Picking out an officer is near
impossible during a firefight. But lets face it, one of the funnest aspecta
of this game is seeing what new and excitig characters stands, and custom
figures people paint and build, so if we got rid of the character figures a
lot of us would not be nearly is interested.

                Aerich Frodoson
                        "When all else fails, ask Miller"