Re: [Epic] ouch

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 16:05:22 +0000

On 5 Mar 98 at 9:32, Andy Skinner wrote:

> Just a reminder to be careful out there. I managed to cut both my
> thumbs in one slip last night, with a hobby knife. The tip went into
> one thumb, and a longer part of blade slit the other. So I've got a
> deep, narrow cut on one thumb, and a shallow, long cut on the other.
> Neither are bad, but it does remind me that I could easily injure myself
> by not being careful. So I thought I'd pass the reminder on.
<snip>
This does sounds quite nasty.
I know Ive cut myself a few times but none that sound this bad at
least not moddelling (someone dropped a concrete section of a gariage
on my ankle around 4 years ago and still got the scar from that one).
One of the main things as daft as it sounds is supposed to be to use
a very sharp knife. This should reduce the resistance making you
use less force and make you less likely to hurt yourself (allthough
sounds to me like if you do you will badly so kinda cancells out).
I know I'm guilty of using a modeling knife which isnt sharp enough
and keep meaning to get some new blades but never get round to it. I
suppose this partly stems from the lack of time Im spending recently
as uni strains.
Anyone else out there got any epic related injuries to tell the list
about or way to aviod them etc.
I know in GW stores they dont always like people even bringing in
their own craft knives to use (in Portsmouth that included me a
couple of times in the past for someone obviouslly looking over 18).
Guess they're worried about law suits from worried parrents!
Any other instances of this?

         *** M J COOK ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black,Joshua,Dct Strank
     Peter Jones & some I can't remember!