RE: [Epic] ouch

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:01:29 -0600

> And for Chris Miller's sake:
> Yes, I'll be using these as mortars shooting up into the air, not into
> the ground. They'll be fired by marines of no particular chapter,
> probably at brown Orks of no particular clan, or possibly at cardboard
> cutouts. :-) (You seem to enjoy those heresy rants so much, I
> figured
> I'd give you another opportunity.)
>
> andy

<Glove being picked up>

-------> I got no problem with normal mortars. Mole mortars are OK, but
I always thought it looked better to have the barrel pointing up in the
air than into the ground, except maybe for squats. What's the
justification? Is counter-battery fire so accurate (unlike everything
else in 40K) that it can pick incoming shells out of that air like
Hammer's Slammer's? They have regular mortars now for IG anyway, so
letting the marines fire some is no big deal to me.
   As for the rest of your statement, Well, We Are Beginning to Wonder
If You Will Ever See the Error of Your Ways. Your Marines Must have a
Chapter, even a Made-Up Chapter of Your Own Choosing. Even Camo Paint
Schemes are Acceptable if Your Units Belong Together. Surely you Do Not
Play Using the Primer Legion or, Even More Foul the Army of Brilliance
(tip o' the hat to whoever made that one up)? If You Paint Them At All,
You Must Have Some Kind Of Chapter. Do They Not Have Banners? Do Their
Tanks Not Have Insignia? We Suggest A Glance At The WH40K Compendium,
WHere Many Marine Paint Schemes can Be Perused, Including Some in
Camoflage.
   Again With the Brown Orks...Firing Is the Best Answer For
Them...Perhaps a Real Mortar Would Be of Use? Perhaps a Blowtorch? Some
Acetone, by Chance? Perhaps they Are Brown Because They Have No Clan?
You May be Playing Ronin Orks Who have Left Their Clans.
   Cardboard Cutouts are A Tool of Evil. Really. We Are Just Trying To
Protect You. There Are Other Games Out ...oooops...There Are Other
Forces In the Universe Who Will Try To Convince You That Cardboard is
Somehow "OK", Or "Acceptable". Nothing Could Be Further From The Truth.
We Suppose That Next You Will Be Trying To Convince People That A Game
Could Be Made Which Did Not use Six-Sided Dice...

Chris Miller
Remaining Vigilant