Re: [Epic] ouch

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 11:31:23 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:
> -------> I got no problem with normal mortars. Mole mortars are OK, but
> I always thought it looked better to have the barrel pointing up in the
> air than into the ground, except maybe for squats. What's the
> justification? Is counter-battery fire so accurate (unlike everything
> else in 40K) that it can pick incoming shells out of that air like
> Hammer's Slammer's? They have regular mortars now for IG anyway, so
> letting the marines fire some is no big deal to me.

I wondered whether tunnelers (whether shooting or transporting) should
take an extra turn showing up at their targets. But I'm not very
familiar with any of the tunneling rules, so I won't propose anything.
I'll just convert all my minis.

> As for the rest of your statement, Well, We Are Beginning to Wonder
> If You Will Ever See the Error of Your Ways. Your Marines Must have a
> Chapter, even a Made-Up Chapter of Your Own Choosing. Even Camo Paint
> Schemes are Acceptable if Your Units Belong Together. Surely you Do Not
> Play Using the Primer Legion or, Even More Foul the Army of Brilliance
> (tip o' the hat to whoever made that one up)? If You Paint Them At All,
> You Must Have Some Kind Of Chapter. Do They Not Have Banners? Do Their
> Tanks Not Have Insignia? We Suggest A Glance At The WH40K Compendium,
> WHere Many Marine Paint Schemes can Be Perused, Including Some in
> Camoflage.

I hate banners. I'm using some of the infantry guys molded with
banners, and have painted one for Eldar (some generic eldar-looking
design). I'd like a decal or something for the Space Marine banner guy,
but I haven't found anything I liked. I have not put banners on titans
or vehicles. No insignia, either. The main reason I've avoided
insignia is not wanting to group my forces too much, when I don't have a
standard army organization. I'd like to be able to change my
detachments around. Also, I consider doing such detail work a prime way
to let my painting skills screw up a figure. :-)

But I do paint my marines. They're a light green washed with dark green
(Ral Partha paints Shamrock Green and Forest Green). I originally was
going to make them a chapter called Dragon Marines or something similar,
but don't have much motivation to do that at the moment.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...