Re: [Epic] ouch

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 12:00:37 -0600

Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Excerpts from Epic: 5-Mar-98 Re: [Epic] ouch by Andy Skinner_at_...
> > I wondered whether tunnelers (whether shooting or transporting) should
> > take an extra turn showing up at their targets. But I'm not very
> > familiar with any of the tunneling rules, so I won't propose anything.
> > I'll just convert all my minis.
>
> You know, Andy, given the way you're wounding yourself, if might just be
> easier to leave the mole mortars as-is on the base, and use a pin vise
> to drill out the "tube" pointing upward... basically, reverse the
> direction of the mortar, without actually doing much.
>
> I did this to designate some Heavy Gears infantry squads that carry 62mm
> mortars; it works pretty well, IMO. (And when a theoretically 1/300
> scale mini looks really good with a 1/87 scale mini, you know
> *something* is out of scale... of course, I don't actually know how
> large mortars are, but....)

Mole mortars, like many GW Epic figs, are grossly to large. Mortars, at
least the infantry portable versions are about knee to waist high. The
"Army Formally Known As Soviet" had some big honkers, but as a rule they
can be carried by a normal squad rather easily. The heavy part is the
base plate, BTW