Re: [Epic] Painting

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 14:30:01 +1000

pentacle_at_... wrote:

> Chris, I just finished praising you for clear thinking on the character
> issue and now this. I have dark yellow and brown Orks mixed in with my
> green ones. I happen to like the look. All this hersey talk is scaring the
> children. We infidel and heretics like our brown Orks. Not to mention I
> will never paint a bolter red no matter what anyone says.

Ummm...
Well, all my Epic Orks are Green. All of em. Some wear Woad, but that's
it.

But my several hundred 15mm Orks are a Tolkienish leathery brown. Except
for some of the ones I use for FRP which are Blue.

I see nothing wrong with brown, purple, or even puce-with-pink-polkadots
Orks. Just not in the 40K universe, where Orks have been, are, and
always shall be (GW be damned!) Green. Any Ork-like things found in 40K
which aren't Green are Not Proper Orkses.
Of course there's nothing wrong with having a E40K arem of Not Proper
Orkses, for one thing, they'd be great opponents for Proper Orkses.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo