Re: [Epic] Civilians

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 15:50:48 +1000

Sauron Moridor wrote:

> Sauron1 Writes;"N" guage civilians?
>
> Are there civilians in Epic scale? Do they look OK against GW figures,
> or were they more like object markers indicating the location of larger
> concentrations of people ( or cafeterias from the Tyranid point of view
> )Not a critisism, just trying to understand the actual aplication.

Irregular Miniatures make a reasonable range of 6mm civilians, 2 to a
1cm by 1 cm base, moulding is fairly basic. Yes, I use them as
"objectives" for my Turannid games (when they're not being used for
their original purpose: Rioters). Irregular also do a reasonable TV crew
in 6mm, which can be a hoot in an E40K game.
N gauge (1/144 in the UK, 1/160 everywhere else) is WAY too big for
Epic, which is somewhere between 1/285 and 1/250. The very best
civilians (though still too big) would be from Presier in Germany, in Z
gauge (1/220). But their prices make GWs look positively cheap. As in $7
US for 5 painted ones. Agree, you can make out the buttons on the
uniforms, but even then...

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo