Re: [Epic] Rants. Was SM/TL vs E40K unit costs

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 10:18:01 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 6-Mar-98 Re: [Epic] Rants. Was SM/T.. by "J.
Michael Looney"_at_eart
> > Actually, that would be 40K. It has probably been imported into the
> > heresy (E40K) but I neither know nor care. It is NOT a part of SM/TL and
> > never has been...
> > (Why it generated so much traffic without someone mentioning this
> > reasonably salient point is a bit of a mystery)
>
> Ah, I think it is. I don't have my SM/TL rules at the office, but I
> seem to recall that you can't target command stands, unless they are the
> closest target. I'll look when I go home at lunch and see. I'll post,
> right or wrong, this afternoon.

You cut the part he was replying to. He wasn't talking about targetting
command stands; the previous poster had said that You Must Shoot at the
Closest Enemy Detachment, etc, etc. Not a part of SM/TL, definitely,
and I don't think it's in E40K, either, except in how FP affects closest
targets first.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...