Re: old timers (was Re: [Epic] Rants. Was SM/TL vs E40K unit costs)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 00:01:37 +1000

Brett Hollindale wrote:

> When we first played, we figured that "using a chaos card to save a greater
> demon" meant sacrificing one of your minion cards (we didn't know much about
> chaos cards...). It seemed quite reasonable that a greater demon could suck
> the life force out of his followers to save himself. And it explained why
> no GD could be fielded with less than 3 minion cards... It made perfect
> sense to us!

Actually, I LIKE this idea! It makes a lot more sense than sacrificing
the scorpion tails etc.

> > It takes a few games before you really get a feel for
> >it. At first, you're too busy looking at charts and keeping
> >track of blast markers to appreciate the finer points.
>
> I want folks to realise that I am heroicly refraining on commenting on this
> concept...

Agro, you're one in a million. Good on you. Feel free to comment though,
as I may (heck, I DO) disagree with you, but you always give me
something to think about.

BTW I agree with the man's point: you need to play half a dozen games,
or one or two against somebody who's played quite a few, before you can
appreciate the game.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo