Re: [Epic] what should i run as a 3000 point army against eldar?

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 15:16:03 -0800 (PST)

> > He even has all three of the original Ordinatius vehicles.
> -------> This is really not something he should be bragging about...
> > No,
> > he won't sell them even though I have tried to get my hands on them.
> --------> He's doing you a favor. Really.

I still have mixed feelings on the ordinatus, they are prone to air
attacks, which if you read my battle report you would have seen. but the
weaponry on them is impressive to say the least. The Mars (6xdisrupt) is
universally usefull, the Armageddon(3xDR) has mind buggeringly long
range, making a useful WE killer, and I have yet to use the golgotha,
because I would feel bad raining vortex missiles down on my opponent
every turn.

I have had good success using the Mars though. I generally keep a
squadron of 7 attack bikes (95pts, and mobile) about 25cm in front of the
vehicle as a shield against flyers (usually a good deterent because we
have a house rule stating that flyers must fly in from the owners
deployment zone.
The attack bikes are fast enough that they can move ahead to anticipate
the assault move of the ordinatus (that way they can reamain on regular
orders, and the 25cm is a good rangfe to provide a firefight shield too.
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of